Wednesday 9 February 2011

Roundwood's Wordle

One of my favourite wargaming blogs is Big Lee’s Wargaming Adventures. In addition to a succession of topical, hobbying, wargaming or modelling posts, Lee sometimes throws a complete curve-ball in. His post today on Wordle was one of these. The temptation to do one myself was too great!

Here’s the blurb from the Wordle site: ‘Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.’

I plugged in Roundwood’s World, and this was what I got, in suitably earthy, Great War muted tones.


Making the word cloud was a lot of fun, and I liked the final result. So, a short blog post from me today, but hopefully enough to recommend both Wordle and Big Lee’s blog. Give them both a go!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the post. I'm not sure how useful Wordle really is... but it is fun and strangely addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Lee's today and his big word was platoon and yours is German.So we have german platoon, will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangely very addicitive indeed! It was fascinating looking through other people's examples in the Wordle gallery. Almost a new art form...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea!
    Will try it my self!
    Cheers for the tip mate!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really curious, I have not resisted to give it a try with my blog. Not a surprise the results achieved

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun fun!

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...