Tuesday 13 March 2012

Jetty Wood Campaign Diaries – A “Through the Mud and the Blood” mini-campaign

In December 2011, my local wargames club in St Albans played a mini-campaign set in the Ypres Salient in 1917. There were quite a few campaign emails between myself as the umpire and the players, and I promised to put these into a single document for anyone interested to have a look at.


I’ve posted the emails, and a short introduction, in the document entitled “Jetty Wood Campaign Diaries”, which is located on the right hand side of this blog under the heading Playtesting Scenarios and Campaign Diaries.

I’m sorry this has taken so long to appear on the blog, but hopefully something in the 31 pages will be of interest to someone out there!
I should add that there’s no real magic in the Jetty Wood Campaign Diaries. No silver bullet is provided for running successful campaigns. And no maxims are set out promising success. All I wanted to do was describe what we did, and some of the pros and cons of doing it our way.

Let me know what you think. Happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for that..a damned good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read and really impressive amount of detail! I wish I gamed in your group!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and well done, Sidney. I look forward to having a read.

    Regards

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great read, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very realistic, Sidney


    http://generalwildescivilwarinminiature.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great read Sidney. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Gentlemen. I wasn't sure whether people would find the campaign stuff interesting or not. It's a bit like battle reports, I guess - some people love them, others just drift by. So thank you all for commenting. I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sid:
    The spotty wifi in my hotel finally allowed me to read this all the way through. I admire the level of historical detail. Your knowledge of the period, and your admiration for the men involved, are luminously clear. I also admire the way that you have made it easy on your players by giving them very clear a d tangible tasks and decisions. Very well thought out.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, great to come back to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...